Medications are often used to reduce pain and inflammation. Any medication suggested or prescribed by one of the doctors at Orange County Orthopedic Surgeons will involve direct care and supervision, and will also likely be part of a multifaceted treatment plan.
Some of the more common medications for orthopedic conditions include:
- Anti-anxiety – For muscle pain relief
- Anticonvulsants – For relief from pain caused by trigeminal neuralgia
- Antidepressants – For relief from sleep problems, chronic fatigue, and some types of pain
- Anti-migraine – For pain and other symptoms that are caused by migraine headaches
- Opioids and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – For general pain and discomfort relief